Skip to main content

Picture this: diving headfirst into a world where every scroll unveils a symphony of creativity and rhythm. When it comes to TikTok, one of the coolest things is how it allows users to make and share videos with music clips. It revolutionizes music discovery and enables innovative music marketing. Discovering new music through viral music promotion becomes more accessible thanks to this feature. Many TikTok music trends have emerged due to widespread sharing through challenges or creative videos featuring the music. These trends quickly gain momentum and capture the platform’s attention, propelling songs to viral status. 

Unlike how songs usually become popular, which often involves spending a lot of money on advertising or getting lots of airplay on the radio, TikTok lets songs become hits naturally, just by users liking and sharing them. Thanks to TikTok music trends, songs can become popular because people share them, without needing big promotions or radio play.

Songs can gain popularity on TikTok even if they’ve been overlooked for years. Because of innovative music marketing, marketers can enlist influencers to create a hit. This results in an abundance of posts created by fans and viral music promotion. Some artists even arrange private listening sessions with TikTok influencers hoping to boost their songs’ popularity on the app. TikTok’s impact on the music industry is significant. 

TikTok music trends are like the lively rhythm of this online world. They spread excitement and shape what’s popular on the app. Songs that become viral on TikTok often make it onto mainstream music charts like Billboard 100 or Spotify Viral 50. This viral music promotion has become a pathway for artists and labels alike. 

MRC Data revealed that 67% of TikTok users are more likely to look for songs on streaming platforms after hearing them on TikTok. This highlights the effectiveness of innovative music marketing. Labels now use TikTok to promote both new releases and older tracks. Additionally, a new group of social media music marketers has emerged to help with promotional efforts on the app.

Exploring New Music on TikTok

TikTok users explore and engage with new music through various features and functionalities offered by the platform. The app’s algorithm analyzes user behaviour to provide personalized music recommendations based on likes, shares, and comments. 

Through “For You Page”, users can effortlessly discover trending songs and artists that align with their interests and preferences. Music challenges and trends encourage active participation, as users join in dance challenges and create videos set to specific songs. 

TikTok boasts an extensive library of songs, allowing users to explore diverse genres and find music that resonates with them. The platform’s easy-to-use editing tools enable seamless synchronization of music with videos, enhancing the overall content quality.

Moreover, TikTok’s diverse community of creators ensures exposure to music from various cultural backgrounds. This diversity provides a fertile ground for innovative music marketing strategies. It enables marketers to enlist influencers to create hits that resonate with different audience segments. Hence abundance of posts created by fans and viral music promotion emerge.

Successful Song Promotion

Dance challenges on TikTok have been massive for promoting songs and getting fans involved. Take, for instance, the “Any Song” dance by Zico, which kicked off a viral trend that had everyone busting moves. It was like a domino effect, with more and more K-pop stars joining in on the fun.

This dance challenge wasn’t just about showing off some fancy footwork; it was also a genius move in viral music promotion. By getting people to groove to his song, Zico sparked a wildfire of excitement that spread like crazy across TikTok. And it wasn’t long before other artists caught on, realizing the power of dance challenges in boosting their music’s visibility.


This challenge emerged during the Covid era in 2020 and then followed by many other groups to promote their newest comeback single. The “Any Song” itself earned a certified all-kill just two days after its release and a perfect all-kill two days after that, thanks to the dance challenge’s popularity on TikTok.

TikTok music trends like  “Any Song” have the power to turn tracks from various artists into hits. What makes the viral music promotion so appealing is its simplicity and inclusivity. Anyone can join in by putting their own spin on the dance or action, regardless of their dance abilities or background. Furthermore, the infectious nature of the song itself and the accompanying dance moves contribute to its widespread appeal.

Crafting TikTok Music Trends

Creating TikTok music trends boils down to one key factor: crafting catchy lines. They need to instantly grab people’s attention and compel them to groove along to the beat. These infectious phrases are the secret sauce behind the viral dances and challenges that dominate the platform. It’s all about creating lyrics that stick in people’s minds easily. Having a good bass drop and a danceable beat also helps. So, make sure your songs have these elements to become popular quickly.

With innovative music marketing, short sections of your song, like 4 to 16 bars, can instantly catch people’s ears. Dance music and rap are popular genres, and if your song has a strong bass drop or a catchy beat, it can attract listeners. Your music should make people want to dance, which will lead to more shares, likes, and interest from others. When posting music videos, keep them short, ideally between 15 seconds to 1 minute, as they tend to get more attention. 

While there’s no foolproof method, incorporating elements such as lyrics prompting action and attention-grabbing drops can up the odds of going viral on TikTok. For instance, an artist with a song having a 30% chance of virality might boost it to 70% by adding action-oriented lyrics or a dance segment. This could significantly enhance the potential success of an influencer campaign. Such insights aim to assist artists in strategic thinking, potentially increasing their chances of success. Nevertheless, going viral often boils down to luck more than anything else.

TikTok Music Strategy for your influencer marketing campaign

Staying Trendy

It’s important to stay updated on the latest trends to adjust your songs accordingly, as trends are always changing. That’s where viral music promotion comes into play. With innovative music marketing, adapting your songs to align with current trends is a must. It ensures that your content stays relevant and resonates with the platform’s audience. This approach can lead to increased shares, likes, and overall interest in your music, boosting your presence on the platform.

TikTok has drastically changed how music is promoted, giving artists and marketers new ways to reach people and get them involved. Its viral nature and huge number of users have made songs incredibly popular and changed how the music industry works. Essentially, TikTok is a lively place for promoting music, but doing well there depends on being creative, flexible, and understanding how the platform works. Consult with us here to improve your social media marketing.